I got a ‘server’ (more like my old gaming setup minus my GPU) that i’m currently setting up as my secondary NAS.
Hardware of server
- Intel i7-4790k
- B85-HD3 Mobo F2 BIOS version
- 20GB RAM (28 and 22)
- 2x intel ssd 480GB as boot drive
- 1 intel ssd 480gb for truenas zfs pool
- 4x 4Tb HDD WD RED (tought 1 is giving errors in truenas) with PCIex1 SATA controller
- Raspberry pi (PIKVM) in PCI slot (remote access and control)
- 1 2x1gb nic
- 1x 4 nvme PCIE card
Now this last one is giving me issues (1x 4 nvme PCIe card) i have 4 1TB NVME drives in it to have a fast storage solution next to my 12TB HDD solution but it only detects 1 NVME drive (and yes i checked all nvme’s are working just fine)
tested it in 2 more systems but as they are all 4th gen intel that might not be a good reference if the card is working or not.
Does anyone have an idea to get the 4 NMVE drives working?
still free: PCIe x8 port (or x4 not sure about it)
Edit: the card in question is the PH44 nvme x16