i have a 1gb fiber connection, sfp to my modem/router (bgw320-500)… is the 5100 a good appliance for this connection?
would i turn this modem/router into AP only mode?
does it make sense to setup pihole on appliance to run with this firewall or is pfblockerNg as good/better?
@LTS_Tom thanks for responding… Do you think the appliance below is comparable in specs?
- CPU: Intel Dual Core Celeron 3865U, 64 bit, 1.8GHz, 2MB Smart Cache, Intel AES-NI hardware support
- PORTS: 6x Intel Gigabit Ethernet NIC ports, 4x USB 3.0, 1x RJ-45 COM, 1x HDMI
- COMPATIBILITY: Firewalls tested with pfSense, untangle, OPNsense and other popular open-source software solutions.
- THE VAULT: Secure your network with a compact, fanless & silent firewall.
- COMPONENTS: 16GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB mSATA SSD
That should do 1G just fine.