Netgate 2100 1 VLAN works, 1 fails

I’m using pfSense for the first time. I successfully followed the Netgate 2100 manual and set up a VLAN guest network on port 4 of the built in switch… I want to create a second VLAN for a NAS so I repeated the steps but it fails, as in DHCP doesn’t work and I can’t get out to the internet. The only thing I changed from the port 4, Guest VLAN set up was assigning the VLAN to port 3 and tagging it 4083.

I searched here to try and find an answer in previous threads but didn’t.

Any assistance would be appreciated !

OK I think I just found my problem but I don’t have a clue what set up step I skipped and how to fix it. How do I change LAN 3 Status to Active ?

Netgate 2100 Security Gateway Manual — Switch Overview | Netgate Documentation

Thanks Paul. I’ve read the documentation and I realized that changing the Media setting to autoselect it enabled the port/VLAN. When I first did this it didn’t redraw the entire window and it displayed No Carrier under ports 1-4 so changed it back.

Now I realize the Status doesn’t update until you leave the Port tab / Switch and return so the window updates.

I wish there was a more comprehensive manual but it appears that Netgate doesn’t publish one and you have to pay for their training course.

On vlan 2, I think you are missing tagging one of the ports

These are my settings

Lan4 port is setup as another wan port

Lan 1 - 4 are lan ports vlan 1 , 100 and 110

Port 5 is the switch port on 2100