Need help/advice for the wifi network in my building

Hello,
I have a project to install wifi in a small building of 3 floors.
I have already inquired and I am willing to have a POE switch with 2 wifi access points per floor.
Here is a diagram of the configuration:

I am looking for feedback. I don’t know what type of product and what brand to choose.

I would like to have a good value for money (good quality, but not too expensive).

While surfing on the web here are some products that I could find.
Switches :

WiFi Hotspot :

I would also like to know what you recommend as a switch (manageable or not manageable) There will be only one network. I don’t plan to install anything else than a wifi access point on this switch. Do you think i need to care about roaming ? I’ve heard that most devices do it automatically.

thank you for your answers

Silas

Welcome!

See the following article for some tips

1. Do not stack vertically or horizontally
  2. Neighboring APs need to be on different channels
  3. 20Mhz only on 2.4GHz
  4. Avoid DFS channels on 5.0Ghz
  5. Make sure you get a solution that supports band steering/roaming
  6. Decide if client/you want/need cloud managed capability

Personally, I went with two Engenius EWS377APv3 (non-cloud managed) APs. Both APs use the same SSID on both bands, but on non-overlapping channels. Clients seamlessly switch between bands and APs without any disruption. There are a number of OEMs that sell the exact same rebranded HW, with a huge markup and/or crippled capability. The EWS377APv3’s are $200 each on Amazon, best bang for $ IMHO.

I’m hoping @LTS_Tom will do a review of the Engenius APs some day.

I have the EAP-245, the next model up in my home.

I think these APs are great myself !

However a few points:

1. I would go for the EAP245 or the EAP265 as they have two ethernet ports, which you could daisy chain another AP. The second AP could be powered by the injector.
  2. In the UK they also come with an injector.
  3. If you have more than one AP you can put them in a mesh, perhaps that is the same as roaming, I’m not sure.
  4. If you have more than one AP you need the controller, either buy the hardware controller, or install on a headless linux vm for cheap.
  5. Check these APs to see if they are active or passive, then match up with your PoE switch.
  6. It has 7 or 8 SSIDs on both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
  7. If you look somewhere on TP-Links site they have a demo of their controller software.
  8. Definitely buy a managed switch, keep it on the default LAN if you are not currently using vlans. It’s a waste of money to buy non-managed switches.
  9. Netgear have switches that do the job, not too expensive but the GUI is horrible. Get a newer series and they can be accessed via https.
  10. Buy a Netgear PRO model, I would avoid the PLUS models.
  11. You have great control over guest wifi, with vouchers etc.
  12. TP-Link seem to update the firmware and controller on a fairly regular basis.
  13. Read the manuals of the kit before you buy !

Unifi switch and APs but you need to consider router / firewall. Is the space to be for a single entity or multi tenant? Before I would make any further comments more information is required.

I am looking for the easiest way to get started. Only a network is needed.
If I get a unify switch and their access point, will I have to do a lot of configuration?

Unifi SWs & ACs will be managed with their management software all GUI very easy to implement on any X86 64bit systen. Once set up the management software can be disconnected, only need to reconnect for up grades tp device firmware or monitoring. Same holds true for pfSense but with build in GUI. Tom has excellent video tutorials on both Unifi and pfSense setup. Config is easy and pfSense has really good docs.