MSP Collaboration

So, it may have been a few days. My apologies, got overwhelmed with work.

I brought up in the Livestream on Thursday, what MSPs do differently based on their different areas or what they specialize in.

We are a general MSP offering managed services, security, voip, and cabling/wifi. But I see more and more in my area trasnitioning to only consulting/management and less on-site. When I see this, it becomes an opportunity for me because customers in my area love to see techs on site dealing with their problems, even if it means paying more.

1 Like

The market is quite wide and diverse with plenty of opportunities due to the growth of and dependence on tech to keep companies going.

I moved to offering cloud hosting only vs managed services because I wanted to own the environment and found that things just run smoother than on-prem setups.

Hey, Another MSP here based in Staffordshire, England.

I came across Tom’s channel whilst looking for some info on pfSense (I think) and quickly realised that he seems to have a very similar setup / mind set to me.

I tend to go with;
HP servers and computers
XCP-ng for virtualisation (just moving over from KVM)
HP or Ubiquiti network hardware
Ubiquiti wireless
freePBX for phones
Team Viewer (older perpetual v12 license) for remote access / support

I’m planning a video series that will be a clean install from nothing to a fully functional “typical” office setup using variations of the above.

I also prefer a “boots on the ground” approach where possible as the only real way I find to get to know what your customers need is by being on site and listening to the pain points.

3 Likes

I’m very focused on being able to go onsite as well. Most of my clients are within 5 minutes of my office. Most support is still remote, but we can pop onsite when it’s easier. We don’t charge drive time or minimum onsite hours - it’s all included, and clients seem to really like that.