Has anyone else gotten the email about the (what seems to be) massive recall on Monoprice Cat6 cable?
To get all fo the cable runs replaced that have this wire installed seems like it’s going to be a massive PIA and a lot of the information they are asking for is going to be next to impossible to get for all the locations with installed cabled so while they are claiming they will replace the cable for free the costs associated with documenting all of the required information they want is going to cost many a lot of man-hours that I presume will not be reimbursed
In cooperation with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”), Monoprice is voluntarily recalling the Category 6 CMR Communication Cable. The units fail to meet the flammability requirements of the UL 1666 safety standard. This may result in an increased risk of fire spread when the cables are exposed to a fire or flame. Monoprice is not aware of any incidents or injuries.
After extensive testing, we have determined that Monoprice branded Category 6 CMR Communications Cables in 250, 500 and 1000 foot lengths in colors including yellow, white, blue, black, red, orange, gray, pink and purple sold between December 2018 and February 2020 with UL jacket markings as follows are impacted by this recall effort:
- (UL) E467139 23AWGX4P CMR CAT6 UTP RoHS Compliance XXXXFT.
- (UL) E333346 23AWGX4P CMR CAT6 UTP RoHS Compliance XXXXFT.
- (UL) E339722 23AWGX4P CMR CAT6 UTP RoHS Compliance XXXXFT.
Our records indicate that you may have purchased these cables.
Monoprice will be providing inspection and removal services for the recalled cable and will provide installation of UL 1666 compliant replacement CMR cable, as approved by the CPSC, free of charge. To the extent you have purchased recalled CMR cable and have yet to install the cable, Monoprice will provide replacement cable. Please check your inventory to determine if you have the cables in stock or, to confirm that they have been in installed.
Please contact Monoprice at your earliest convenience toll-free at 844-500-7656 from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can access information online at www.mpcmrrecall.com or www.monoprice.com and click on “Recall” located at the bottom of the page where you will find a user friendly fillable form to register for inspection, removal and replacement, as applicable.
Regardless of the medium you choose to contact Monoprice, please be prepared to provide the following information to assist Monoprice in expediting this recall for you or your company:
- UL jacket marking(s) on cables
- Name, email address, phone number and address of purchaser
- Is the location a residence or business
- Location of installation at the address
- Name of original installer _
- Date of purchase (if known)
- Location of purchase
- Purchase price (if known)
- Amount of cable purchased
- Note: Cable length and number of units/ boxes
- Date of installation (if known)
- Address of installed cable (if different than address)
- Owner of address of installed cable
- Amount of cable installed
- Is cable installed in runs greater or less than 50 feet
- Specify lengths of runs
- Amount of cable remaining after installation
- Location of remaining uninstalled cable
- If available, UPC codes from cable boxes
Monoprice very much appreciates your immediate attention to this important matter. We value you as our customer and look forward to working with you for the successful resolution of this recall effort. Please feel free to contact us at any time for questions or assistance.