LogMeIn Enters into Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Affiliates of Francisco Partners and Evergreen Coast Capital

It looks as though Logmein (Lastpass) are raising funds, is anyone going to look harder at Bitwarden now?

I’ve been using Bitwarden for a while now, I do prefer it to be honest, even though I’ve still got a couple of years of Lastpass subs left (bought 5 years worth before Lastpass was sold last time :slight_smile: )

I especially prefer Bitwarden on my android phone.

From what I can gather, ‘experts’ are suggesting that prices will have to rise to get the money back, thats what equity firms do, or they sell off the family jewels, or as a few do in the UK just take on huge debts and stuff the average guy.

I’m intrested in what people have to say, as I said I’ve not really got a axe to grind, but I think I’m going to look harder at Bitwarden now, I’m still using both at the moment.

Was using Lastpass until last night. Did the switch… so far I like it, will probably purchase it after the demo period. Just ran across your post on this sounds like I made a good choice. This is what IT is about. Improve and build a better widget.

well crap… this is why we can’t have nice things

After a couple of weeks deleted my Lastpass account and uninstalled it on all devices. Won’t say I’m never going back or forward. As far as now, happy enough to pay for it for a year. Go for it! Export from and import to Bitwarden was easy. I like the interface better than Lastpass. Not using the self-hosted option.