IT ticketing and IT inventory system

Hi, I’m in charge of a crypto-mining operation and we reached a point where IT inventory is getting out of control.

Do you have a recommendation for a system for Ticketing and IT Inventory, preferable if it’s the same system that does both functions.
If I cannot get a system that does both, I’ll probably choose OSTicket and something else for the inventory.

Im looking for something opensource or cheap, preferible if self hosted in Linode or some other cloud provider.

In my last job, we self hosted OSTicket.
It appears that there is a third party inventory plugin, but it’s like 8 or 9 years old, and I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

You can do something like OS-Ticket and Snipe-IT to cover both sides or there is something like GLPI that can do both and more.

Os ticket is pretty average. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Have a look at zammad.

We swapped from os ticket to zammad many years ago. Was well worth the swap.

In regards to asset management, snipe it or homebox may suit your needs.

1 Like

I am looking for the same, open source solution for IT help desk management.

Is this what you are referring to?

For IT Ticketing I recommend Zammad

For IT Inventory System I recommend SnipeIT:

Thanks, Snipe-IT might be a product for me to use to help track PC refresh cycles and stuff. I’ll have to spin up a self hosted server when I have some time and give it a whirl!

Both Snipe-IT and GLPI are popular choices for IT asset management and ticketing, and they can be self-hosted to meet your requirements. I personally prefer GLPI more, but mostly because I’ve been using it for a lot of time already and just got used to it. You can evaluate both options to see which one better fits your organization’s needs and preferences. Additionally, ensure that you check the compatibility and integration options with your existing infrastructure and workflows before making a decision. I also heard from some of my colleagues that Zammad may be a better decision but honestly didn’t even pay much attention to it because everything work well with GLPI.

GLPI looks interesting, I may dig into it instead. The options to track/manage service contracts could help me.

Wish I had more time to try some of these things!!!

1 Like