I upgraded to pfSense 2.7.1 CE and happed to notice the following two new warning banners that ISC DHCP is EOL and we need to migrate Kea DHCP. Apparently the migration is not automatic or straight forward.
Unfortunately, the migration tools assume you have a traditional /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf file to convert and upload.
I am using:
- DNS Resolver with DNSSEC and SSL/TLS with a few host overrides.
- DHCP Server with a ton of static reservations.
- Does this affect both DHS and DHCP, or just DHCP?
- What does the new Kea DHCP settings look like?
- Has anyone else gone through the migration process that can share any tips?
- Will this involve exporting the config.xml and hand editing the file?
- Is someone woking on a migration tool specifically for pfSense?
- If I perform a clean install of 2.7.1 CE and restore a 2.7.0 CE config.xml file, will pfSense automatically migrate to Kea DHCP?
- Or does one simply select the radio button and save, and it all works automagically?
- Has anyone does any extensive testing with Kea DHCP?
- Or should we all wait for some other poor soul(s) to be the guinea pigs?
Seems like this might be a good subject for @LTS_Tom to cover in a video.