Is there any way to restart a data import into TrueNAS Core from a USB drive

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to find out if its possible to restart somehow a big (11TB) data import from an external USB drive formatted as ntfs.

I plugged the drive in and it seemed to start working fine. It transferred about 4TB over 12 or so hours but this morning I found that it had just stopped for no apparent reason (no errors I could see in the logs anyway) and I can’t seem to start it again (it throws errors about “Seperator not found and chunk exceeded limit” along with a bunch of python exceptions).

I guess the inbuilt software isn’t happy about starting again with data already on the target disk.

So… is there a way I can manually mount the disk and perhaps something like RSync I can use to pick up where I got too with the transfer?

I’m not seeing much online that helps me so far.

Thanks.

SSH into the system and use RSYNC would probably be the best way.

Thanks Tom,

I tried mounting the drive from the shell, but have now hit this one

root@cwpstorage[~]# kldload fusefs
root@cwpstorage[~]# mount -t ntfs-3g -o ro,allow_other,nonempty,relatime /dev/da8p2 tmpmnt
mount: /dev/da8p2: Operation not supported by device

The fusefs load line came from another post that suggested it should allow the mount.

Any ideas?

Not something I have tested because we move the data via the network over to the TrueNAS system.