HP DL360 Gen9 - Intel x520-DA2

Is there a trick to getting an Intel x520-DA2 to work? I have two DL360 servers, both with an Intel x520-DA2 installed. I have tried multiple DAC cables and still show a disconnect status. Even though the link/activity lights are flashing on both the x520 and the Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN. My 10Gb connections between Synology NAS [using Synology card] and the Mikrotik are working great. Any thoughts on why this isn’t working and how to get it to work?

SFP1 and SFP2 are my two DL360 connections.

I don’t usually use HPE ProLiant servers but it should work. Could be bad card or bad cable.

I wish it was that easy. I’ve tried multiple different cables and the same issue is happening on two different cards. Guess I’ll have to order a different branded card to test. [I may have two Intel x520 cards for sell soon :slight_smile:

What OS are you using? This may only apply to ESXi, but apparently if Non-Intel SFP+ modules are used, it will not display in the list of available NICs.

XCP-NG 8.1 and it’s seen in XCP-NG - just never sees it as ‘connected’

I’d get a couple of cheap optical modules and a short cable and see what happens. You can get Cisco approved modules as pulls from equipment for $5 to $8 each, and a cable will run you like another $15 to $20. Just some SR Multimode adapters is all you should need.

If the card is a dual port one try linking the card back to itself and see if you get link lights.