I need your help guys with setting up my home network now.
My current situation right now again is.
- ISP VodafoneDeutschland (cable modem)
*’'The VodafoneStation box is really messed up, not powerful Wi-Fi, not great stable wired connection nothing. So read a lot of articles on the internet, and to replace it with an Fritzbox 6591 Cable modem. *
I have bought this modem, unfortunately the modem does not support ‘‘bridge mode’’ so that all the NETWORKING goes through my PFSense box.’’
And that’s it, nothing else I have. THE Vodafone station can be setup in bridge mode.
Now I want to install and configure a PFSense but what is the best solution to do?
Just from the 4 LAN ports, 1 to the PFSense box and then everything from there wiring further or?
I want to do the following with the PFSense.
- VLAN’s for internal network as Guest network.
- Firewall rules adding for home and Guest network.
- VPN link to my NAS at home
- Adding DNS resolver, blocker etc.