I have a PFSense and Ubiquiti network. With my kids using desktops, Chromebooks and Fire tablets.
What can I use to log the URLs my kids devices are viewing? I have tried to research various options and tried a few different things but the most detail I am getting is top level domains. I am open to spending money if I have to.
Things I have tried:
- OpenDNS - this only provides domains for the whole network, not the individual devices, and top level domains
- ntopng via pfsense package - I can only seem to get top level domains, I might be missing something.
- Researched Circle - stats only top level domains
- Squid via pfsense - reasearched that via HTTPS I most likely will only get top level domains, and if I want HTTPS I have to install the proxy and add certs to all the devices on the network. That might cause other issues that might make this undo-able
- Several people have pointed to Untangle, but I can’t seem to find “logging full URLs” If you can point to specifics that would be great
- pointed to UTM, but that got really general and I need some suggestions if it is an additional device I need to stick into my network
Does Ubiquiti have a device that would log all device’s full URLs? I have been extremely happy with Ubiquiti and willing to purchase their solution.