[help] XCP-NG installation problem

So i tried to install XCP-ng latest version on my build using same step-by-step in ?v=bG5enpij0e8;
MSI H110 PRO-VH, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700

the installation goes well, i did everything pretty much in default (includes the DHCP, and NTP) and not installing Supplemental Packs because i’m not sure what it does. but whenever it’s done installing and it said to unplug removable drives then press [Enter] to reboot, after rebooting, the BIOS are just looped back into bios setup because it can’t find any OS to start.

what i already tried so far;

• Reinstall
  • Redownload xcp-ng images, make sure the hash is match, then Reinstall again
  • Reinstall with maked-sure image and then use package check using http source
  • Reinstall using netinst image
  • Reinstall to another drive
  • Reinstall to another blank drive (brand new ssd with no partition on it)

none of them works. after installing, reboot, ta-da no OS is installed (that’s what the BIOS said). then i rewatched the video again, noticed that my installer has no XCP-ng orange splashscreen, rather, my boot installation is directed to GNU Grub 2.0.2 with black background. when on start installing, it does warns me that existing installation is detected but can’t be upgraded therefore it will be overwrited (and make sure i have a backup). i also already make sure the intel virtualization technology are enabled.

i tried to check thoroughly on the BIOS. on my BOOT options it seems this motherboard is forced to use UEFI. the options are
[UEFI]
[UEFI/LEGACY]
I can’t choose legacy completely. (Does XCP-ng requires legacy bios?). is there something i could do to make xcp installed on my machine? or was i missing important step to make xcp properly installed?. or is there any documentation that i could read further for basic installation?

thank you in advance

I always install without UEFI and a quick search in their forums makes me think it is no fully supported yet

hi Tom, thank you for reference. i guess i should look a way for my Motherboard to make it uses Legacy BIOS (which unfortunately can’t do it atm).

just now i tried to install xcp-ng on my another motherboard (asrock AB350M-HDV, 4gb ram, ryzen 3 2200g) and it seems works. looking forward to study it along with putting pfsense on it.

1 Like