I don’t know if this is the right section… if not could some admin move it to the right one?
I am trying to understand how kubernates, traefik, etc works…
This is my actual (at least I hope) schema.
Each requests goes trough pfsense and goes back and forward from the k3s network.
So I have:
- request for jellyfin.mydomain.com
- packet sent to pfsense
- pfsense send the request to the dns (pihole on k3s network)
- pihole send the answer to pfsense
- pfsense send the answer to the origin ip
- now the tv knows that jellyfin is on 192.168.2.22
- so it send the request to pfsense to get data from that ip
If I correctly understood something like this:
to avoid this mess of packets on the firewall/router (and this is just for 1 service), what is the best option?
- none this is the best
- add a second nic to the cluster and expose the existing instance of traefik on the iot lan
- add a second nic to the cluster and create another instance of traefik and pihole just for the iot lan, something like this
- you are totally out of the way, this is not how it works