Have you thought about joining Floatplane

Title says it all, wondering if you have thought about joining floatplane.

I applied a long time ago, they never got back with me. Perhaps I should try again.

2 Likes

I would think LBRY/Odyssy would be a better choice at this point. And with Tomā€™s videos, there really isnā€™t anything that youtube can object to, no music, no politics, only freely available (fair use) content is included, or all material is created by Tom.

So I donā€™t see the upside to floatplane for his channel, am I missing a reason?

1 Like

Floaplane offers another place to post and monetize the videos. Linus also seems to have a rational business model around it.

3 Likes

Would be very pog if you joined floatplane and i would probably sub as would many other people here.

2 Likes

Applied and Denied
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Confusedā€¦ I guess they feel that you do not have a ā€œdevoted audienceā€ that will follow you over there.

Mirroring things on LBRY might make sense EEVblog is making a pretty good go over there and keeping YT going as well. Not sure if he is just mirroring everything, or if releases happen on one before the other. He made a video about it and mentions how he is doing on there every once in a while. Assuming things are still automatic for the mirroring, there isnā€™t much work to be done.