GSuite Calendar to Office 365 Calendars

Hey Everybody, Hope you are doing well!

I am the new IT at my my organization and they are in the middle of a migration from GSuite to Office365. Unfortunately they decided to migrate just the mail portion, and now we are left with contacts and Calendars.

We relay very heavily on Calendars. Basically, The back office can see every bodies Calendar, The remote managers have their calendar and have access to all of their assistants calendars.

What is the best way to implement this in Office 365.

Below are the two tools for this, though I will tell you that MS and Google G Suite do not always play well together.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/outlookmigration

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync?visit_id=636943118652188544-2798219943&hl=es&rd=1

1 Like

Thanks!

The biggest issue I’m having trouble figuring out is we have multiple shared calendars and once I export from GSuite into O365, how do I setup or migrate the permissions.

Ah, you’re moving to Office 365 totally, right?

Yup, we have sharing set up with Google. But the issue comes that when the Googel accounts were created, the scheduler made the accounts, then logged in as that user and shared it with everybody that needed access.

The shift from G Suite to Office 365 can be featured both manually and with the assistance of an automated tool. The manual method can be performed if you have a short amount of data to migrate. It is a slow method and requires a lot of endurance while migrating. Good internet speed is also needed if you are looking for some reliable method then, you can for G suite to Office 365 tool. It can migrate all items including emails, calendars, contacts, documents. Range-based filter for particular data transfer. Provides pause and resume options while migrating. for more information visit here: http://www.sametools.com/cloud/migration/

To migrate your GSuite Calendar to Office 365 Calendar, you can follow these general steps:

1. Export your GSuite Calendar data
  • In your GSuite Calendar, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select “Settings”
  • Click on the “Export” tab
  • Choose the calendar you want to export and select the desired export format (e.g. “iCalendar”)
  • Click “Export” and save the file to your computer
  1. Import your GSuite Calendar data to Office 365
  • In your Office 365 Calendar, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select “Options”
  • Select “Import calendar” from the left-hand menu
  • Choose the file you exported from GSuite and click “Import”
  1. Check and adjust your imported calendar settings
  • Review your imported events to ensure they were transferred correctly
  • Adjust any settings or preferences in your Office 365 Calendar as needed

Note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the specific versions of GSuite and Office 365 that you are using, but the general process should be similar.

Now, If you want to migrate G Suite data to Office365. Then, you can visit the Office365Tips