FreeNAS Byhve VM - losing VNC & SSH Connection

Tho I’ve been using FreeNAS for nigh on 5 years, I still feel very much a noob in so many areas. Would be grateful for help with the following. I have an ubuntu server VM that I have setup with a Wireguard VPN that I have successfully connected to external to the LAN via the Android Wireguard app. Anywhere between 12 and 24 hours later the VM suddenly becomes inaccessible, either via VNC in the GUI or via SSH. This despite the FreeNAS GUI telling me the VM is still powered on. Only a reboot fixes the problem. I’ve tried with ubuntu 20.04 and 19. Same result. I had a look at dmesg on FreeNAS, but I’m too inexperienced to know what most of it means and I could see nothing obvious - to me at any rate. Here are the last few lines of it, which I captured within a short time of noticing the VM had become inaccessible:
tap1: promiscuous mode enabled
tap1: link state changed to UP
igb1: link state changed to UP
lo0: link state changed to UP
epair1a: Ethernet address: 02:27:10:00:08:0a
epair1b: Ethernet address: 02:4a:a2:00:09:0b
epair1a: link state changed to UP
epair1b: link state changed to UP
epair1a: changing name to ‘vnet0.2’
epair1b: changing name to ‘epair0b’
vnet0.2: promiscuous mode enabled
lo0: link state changed to UP
tap1: link state changed to DOWN
tap0: Ethernet address: 00:bd:73:cd:29:00
tap0: promiscuous mode enabled
tap0: link state changed to UP
pid 4224 (bhyve), jid 0, uid 0: exited on signal 11
tap0: link state changed to DOWN
I note the ‘tap0:link state changed to DOWN’ of the last line, but no explanation. I’m not even sure of this is where I should be looking or if there is a more specific log that might supply the answer. I would be grateful for specific steps to help me resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. Damian
P.S. I’m on a FreeNAS Mini, FreeNAS-11.3-U4 and 16GBs of RAM.