FreeNas and NextCloud

Hi All

I am trying to setup nextcloud on my freenas server but I am having some issues. I have found the video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETdlrNUGjZk but I am confused how i can set it up on mine freenas.

My Pools on my freenas server are in the picture I have uploaded.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

cheers

I am not clear what part you are confused about.

Hi @TechSean88

The instructions I enjoy the most for setting up Nextcloud within Freenas are here: How to install Nextcloud on FreeNAS in an iocage jail with hardened security - Samuel Dowling

There is also another very popular installation method written by danb35 on the freenas forums which I’m aware a lot of other people have used as well:

There are a lot of ways to skin the cat however and I’ve been tempted to run the docker installation and just mount the volumes within the container – only problem is that Freenas and docker don’t really mix well together – if only if Freenas had a linux kernel – yet another dream I guess particular now with ZOL.

Good luck with your setup.

Hey Guys.

I hope everyone is staying healthy.

So my question is, I am trying to install NextCloud on FreeNAS, when I finish install the Jail and trying to log I. To the NextCloud via web, I get error, please see picture.

How can I fix it.

Did you add your domain inside the config.php file for trusted domain?

I was looking for a help of how to do it, but after spending another 4 hours, I got it.

Thanks.

I SSH into freenas and issue this command: (change path where appropriate)
nano /mnt/ [name of pool] /iocage/jails/ [name of freenas instance] /root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/config.php
which uses nano to edit the config.php but you can also use vi if you prefer.

You can also launch a shell into the nextcloud jail from the Freenas GUI, expand the nextcloud instance using the ‘>’ at the right of the instance and select shell. Once there you can edit the config.php file found in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/ ( I cd ino each directory to verify that I have the correct path) and then use vi to edit)

Raphael