Eufy Cameras won't connect to Unifi UDR

I am trying to connect my Eufy Solo S40 cameras to my UDR via WifI. Just wondering if anyone out there has this set up and can share how they did it?

What is the issue ?

What is the setup of the network ?

These devices are only 2.4Ghz wireless, may sure you have this setup

Paul,

Thanks for replying.

The camera is the Eufy Solocam S40. The SSID that I am connecting on my phone to run the Eufy app is setup to be 2.4Ghz only. I was able to get my Smart Door Lock and front door bell camera to attach and they seem to be working fine. The 2.4Ghz band is pretty crowded around my house so I am not sure if this is the problem. The basic setup is:

Camera>2.4GHz SSID on UDR>WAN Port of UDR> internal network>pfsense>internet

I know that is kind of cryptic but I am still working on a network diagram.

I can see the camera connect to the UDR and get an IP address, but the Eufy app never finishes the connection. And then the device/client disappears off the client list in the UDR Network OS.

Let me know is this helps.

I realize that I never gave the resolution to this problem.

After going back and forth with Eufy over many weeks, it was determined that I had to put in special Domain overrides in my pfsense to allow all the eufy gear to access eufylife.com via 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. This is a requirement for all the eufy gear to both do the intial configurations and on-going use. I am not very happy about this but according to eufy, there is no way around it.

If anyone has had the same or similar problem and found another way to allow the eufy devices to communicate I would be open to hearing it.

Sorry for the long delay in updating this post.

@pexelva

I was actuallly looking into that Eufy devices. What are your thoughts on those?

Try lowering the 2G Data Rate Control for the SSID to the minimum setting.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have this fixed for now but I will look at lowering the data rate.