Dual WAN - Port Forwarding - Policy Routing for WAN's

Hello everyone and happy new year,

I’m new to networking and pfSense trying to implement the following schematic with 3 kinds of different devices on LAN:

A. Device like 192.168.1.10 - able to reply to port forward service 2404 to both WAN’s - reply to the WAN that took the request from. Default Internet WAN1.
B. Device like 192.168.1.20 - able to reply to port forward service 182 to both WAN’s - reply to the WAN that took the request from. Default Internet WAN2.
C. Simple LAN devices, default Internet WAN2.

To be more simple i think is better to follow a schematic like that, having both WAN’s and the LAN to one firewall and have single gateway on LAN.

Can anyone give me some tips from experience how i can set the different priorities to achieve something like that ?

For example, in System-> Routing there is default gateway option or automatic. If i set there default gateway, what does this mean ? Is it priority one and always respected?
Then if i add a firewall rule to LAN, so a device have to reply using WAN1, does this mean that port forwarding will not respected if requested from WAN2?
In NAT Port forward section, there advanced → and then Gateway selection. Is this only for the port forward overriding the default gateway ?
Also what about static routing and outbound… ? So many settings i don’t know what is prioritized for each interface even i saw the documentation for these topics.

Any help and guideline will be much appreciated. Thank you.

on pfSense, shouldn’t WAN and LAN be on different subnets ?

unless I’m confused with your diagram, everything is in 192.168.1.*

Yes, is dual WAN, single LAN. You might be confused with something.
I didn’t give any WAN addresses. It’s just notation for the port forwarding.

The reply’s go back out the way they came in. If an inbound connection comes in on WAN2 then it has to go back out WAN2, that is not specific to pfsense, that is how routing works.

What if default gateway is set to Automatic or WAN1 (under system-> Routing)
Is this overrides ?

Also there is another selection for default gateway in the auto created firewall rule. (under advanced)

As I said, the reply’s has to go back out the way they came in.

yes, because the target network is the 1.X. What changes is the public ip and port.
Sorry for delay.