DDWRT Client Bridge Problem

Hi,

i have a ruckus r610 unleashed network up and running.

At a more remote location i would like to use a tp-link with ddwrt as a client bridge system.
i just need a little network there, no big performance and the client i try to connect has no ability for wifi itself.

but i cant get this ddwrt client bridge to work properly.
I try to configure it as dexcribed here

its connection to the wifi, fine…
i can reach the webUI of ddwrt via my other comouter, fine…
i can ping my gateway router connected to the isp from my client which is connected to the ddwrt router only…, fine…

but the client on the lan-interface of the ddwrt doestn get a dhcp adress from my gateway and i cant connect to the internet.
so if i put a static ip for my laptop, connect it via cable to the ddwrt, i can ping my gateway and any other client on the network but no internet!
and dhcp doenst receive a proper IP…
although now i got an ip over dhcp for now… dont know what i did different :smiley:

could someone tell me what am i missing?

thanks a lot

Stefan

i flashed the latest release for this router… no eefect.
i tried everything i found on the net… no dhcp and no internet connection.

no i configured it as client mode… not client bridge… so its a different subnet but its working.
i defined a route this subnet and i can access my maschine over there. not nice, not what i wanted, but its working…

Info from the wiki:
“Only use this or Repeater Bridge mode if all of the others are unsuitable: WDS, Client, Repeater, or AP. Client Bridge will never be as stable as any of those modes. It is by design a hack and not a true transparent bridge like WDS. It will cause connection problems for more than a single client. See Linking Routers for a description of each of the modes.”

Why have you decided to use this mode anyway?) Just curious.

P.S. I don’t think there are a lot of DDWRT fans/pros here, you’ll be better off posting this at DDWRT forums.

DD-WRT is a good gateway drug to pfsense, when I used it 10 years ago it always stated not to use it on the WAN which I found off putting, though I used it for a VPN double nat.

You might be better off with openwrt.

Hi,

i use it because i used it several years ago without issues.
ddwrt is simple and userfriendly, openwrt isnt, more cli…
as i dont want to configure too much, a webui is more suitable for me at this place.
and i used client bridge because years ago when i used old siemens se505 these worked flawlessly in this mode.
and all other routers i have are avm /fritzbox) german brand. very good and safe, but not compatible as bridge or repeater with any other than avm itself. so no option.
the routers i have laying around here are old ddwrt… so recycle and not buying new ones just for a small wifi connection…

thanks anyway.