Creating NFS Shares

I’m trying to learn both proxmox and xcp-ng. I have one of each and I a zfs pool created on both.

Do I create and NFS share from within the hypervisor, or do I create a VM and create the share assigned to the zfs from there? I either can’t find appropriate information or just not understanding what I’m reading not sure.

I have a video on how to use TrueNAS and setup an NFS share for XCP-ng. This video might help you understand it better.

thank you so much. I always appreciate your helpfulness, and your videos are always top notch.

Sometimes I silently complain because it seems you jump so quickly through topics, but I completely understand I just need to catch up lol…

So if I understand this, and a couple of the other videos that popped up, I created the raid too soon?

Pass the drives through to the hypervisor and in the case of the video you shared (truenas) first. Create the zfs then?

How can I remove a disk from zfs pool? I have sda, sdb and sdc all in raidz md0.

Do you have, or do you know of a video to teach me how to remove them from md0 and make them useable individually?

I am not really clear on your goal of how you want the system setup. I run TrueNAS as a separate server so there is no drives passed through.

Its just a lab environment and trying to learn things is all. I have 2 different boxes set up that each have the boot drive and 3 additional drives that when I started this journey without having doing any research seemed to make sense to me.

It’s a learning environment to have some storage and virtualization to learn linux and other things. I’m sure I’m making every mistake imaginable, but hopefully learning from those as well.

One things trying to learn is to make my own cloud by the end of this process so I don’t have to rely on google or other things like that for my personal back ups starting point and use tailscale .

Probably trying to do too much at once, but such is life.

(post deleted by author)