Connectwise Remote tool on Ubuntu 20.04

Hey guys. I’ve been in the IT field for 5 months now, but have been an Ubuntu users for around 10 years. I brought in my Ubuntu laptop (Thinkpad X220) to setup and use if I need to go to a client’s location. Everything is running smoothly, except for Connectwise/ScreenConnect. We host our own instance on a Windows server at the office and connect through our URL. I have downloaded the icedtea plugin for the .jnlp file and it will eventually connect to a remote machine, but it takes around 10 minutes or more. Once connected it does everything as expected, but I can’t wait that long when most clients expect us to connect, fix the problem, and get out quickly so they can continue their work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew

Unclear why there would be a delay, I have icedtea-netx loaded that handles the .jnlp files and it opens in a few seconds.

Hmm, that’s what I have. Just tried it again, and having the same issues. Could the browser be the cause? I tried running: “javaws Name.Client.jnlp” in the terminal and still have the issue, but it mentions “Unable to use Firefox’s proxy settings.” and “WARNING: package javax.jnlp not in java.desktop”. Not sure either of those mean anything, but as I said before, it does eventually work, just after waiting 10+ minutes.

Just tried an Ubuntu VM on an XCP-NG server with the same results. I guess I’ll keep poking around and see what I can find. Thanks for your help!

1 Like