Connectwise.com Control

Dear Community,

Is there a way to use connectwise.com Control feature, but the catch is that the support machine is Linux (Ubuntu).
I mean, the clients machine to get into, in order to provide support is Windows, but the machine from which the Support Session is initiated is running Linux (Ubuntu).
I hope i am explaining the situation correctly to be understood.
Please your support if you know if this is possible and how can it be achieved.
Thanks!

Yes, https://www.connectwise.com/software/control works with Linux if that is what you are asking.

1 Like

Dear Tom,
Thanks so much for your reply.
I tried but are having the following issue, maybe i dont know what to do next. You see, if the support is initiated by a Linux (Ubuntu) machine i get the following image:
And, it downloads the following file:
Just not sure, what to do next. What must i do with that downloaded file to be able to connect to the machine i must provide support to?

If I used a windows machine to initiate the support session, I get another file, “ConnectWiseControl.ClientSetup.exe” and after installing that file, the support session is initiated successfully.

Do you see the problem I am having?

I think the problem is that I dont know how to finish the process to be able to initiate the support session with a Linux machine.

If someone knows what to do next, your help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Nevermind, I have found the answer to my own question with a little more research done. :blush:

If anyone else is having this problem, here is the answer:

In this tutorial, we will show you how to run .jnlp files in a system running Ubuntu/Linux Mint. The extension jnlp ( Java Network Launching Protocol ) is used to launch and manage Java programs via the internet or network. If you have downloaded a *.jnlp file on your computer and don’t know how to execute it, you can simply use javaws to run it.

Getting Started

To install javaws under Ubuntu 12.10/12.04 and Linux Mint 14/13 or older, open the terminal and run these commands:

sudo apt-get install icedtea-netx

Via the terminal, cd to the folder containing your plnp file and run this command:

javaws filename.jlnp

Alright. Hopefully his helps someone else in the community.
Cheers!