Cloudflare DDNS on subdomain

Hello

i am using pfsense 2.6 CE.
i have purchased a domain name recently.

i am able to DDNS root domain with the dynamic IP using CF and pfsense, but the subdomains are not getting synced to the dynamic IP.

in the pfsense, i have put hostname as @ and then root domain for DDNS.

What should i do…I do not want separate entry for each subdomain (as i have around 10 subdomains).

No sure if we use the exact configuration.
I do use pfSense (with HAProxy), CF and have a dynamic external IP.

For DDNS I use one subdomain (CNAME) not related to any local service.
The other subdomains for the local services have their own CNAME record pointing to the DDNS CNAME.

This works for me for multiple services.

hello

i also have a similar kind of setup…
using pfsense, HAproxy and CF
HAproxy serves the same services on local network using VIP and on WAN using the external IP.
only change i can see as of now is that my root domain is attached to the DDNS service on the pfsense.
Now i have added CNAME entry for all services and their subdomains pointing to the root domain.
I hope this solves the issue. waiting for the CNAME changes to percolate.

but my real question was that, if in pfsense i have added a CF - DDNS for the root domain, would it not give the same IP address to all subdomains also by default.

but my real question was that, if in pfsense i have added a CF - DDNS for the root domain, would it not give the same IP address to all subdomains also by default.

Not in my case. I have to create CNAME records for all subdomains I run “behind” HAProxy and point them to the CF DDNS CNAME.