Has anyone experienced issues with Ubiquiti APs and Cisco Switches?
I am experiencing a problem with APs that cannot reconnect to the controller when APs are assigned more than one WLAN and VLAN tag on its trunk port.
- UnifiController: 6.5.54 on linux
- Cisco Business 250-24T-4X Smart Switch
- FlexHD APs - Firmware tested 5.60.18, 5.60.19 and 5.43.32
- Management (wired only) Native vLAN 1099 [172.16.99.0/24]
- HOME (wifi and wired) vLAN 1088 [172.16.88.0/24]
- IOT (wifi and wired) vLAN 1022 [172.16.22.0/24]
The UnifiController has all the networks and wireless defined:
- MANAGEMENT is the Unifi default network. The port connected to the controller is an ACCESS mode Native VLAN 1099 [172.16.99.0/24] - APs use Management VLAN for configuration and adoption.
- HOME Network and Wireless (VLAN 1088) [172.16.88.0/24]
- IOT Network and Wireless (VLAN1022) [172.16.22.0/24]
Netgate 2100 pfSense:
- DHCP on Management segment has option 43 set UnifiController IP
- each AP has a registered IP via DHCP
Cisco Business 250-24T-4X Smart Switch:
- Each AP interface was set to the following:
interface GigabitEthernet6 description "AP-XX" switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 1099 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1022,1088,1099
trunks are using global dot1q
- Created the networks in UnfiContorller: Management, HOME, and IOT
- Create HOME and IOT wireless
- Create WLAN groups to toggle AP WLAN assignments as necessary
- Configure Trunk port with native VLAN to 1099 and tagged 1088 for HOME
- Toggle in UnifiController, ALL AP group to only have HOME WLAN
- Adopt AP - everything works as expected, AP is managed, clients connect traffic flows, can reboot AP, it comes back.
- Configure APs switch Port to add IOT tagged VLAN (1022)
- Toggle in UnifiController ALL AP group to include IOT WLAN
- In the Controller the AP status changes to provision, restart and then flipped to its default IP
192.168.1.20and never connects back to the controller but always attempting to adopt.
I can force the AP back into the controller by removing the IOT WLAN from the ALL group and removing the IOT VLAN tag from the trunk port.
I have tried the AP with different versions of the firmware, same result. I cannot get the APs to connect back to the UnifiController or broadcast with more than one WLAN/VLAN combination.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.