CCTV Firewall Conundrum

Hello all..

Tearing my hair out here..

My LAN is 192.168.x.x

My IOT is 192.168.50.x.x

I have a Tapo camera that I am trying to watch on my LAN which is getting it’s WiFi from IOT.

I managed to get camera to work fine on my LAN when testing but won’t work on my ZoneMinder box or VLC since being on IOT.

(FWIW the camera works fine on my Tapo app whilst on IOT.)

Do I need to set a rule in pfsense to allow this to work..

Hope this makes sense..

Many thanks in advance..

Regs Rupert

Maybe a better approach is to stick your cameras on their own vlan, then deny access to WAN and LANS. From your other LAN allow access to the WAN and vlans.

Use an alias in the rule to define your networks .50, x, etc.

You might need an exception to access the wifi depending on how you have set it up.

If you just want to leave the camera on IOT then yes you need a rule to allow LAN 192.168.x.0/24 to talk to 192.168.50.0/24. If you move the cameras to their own network, same answer that an allow rule from 192.168.x.0/24 is needed to access that camera network.