Can anyone help me select an edge router

Can anyone help me select an edge router one that is fast with poe and physcal switch on all ports i stream on twitch my internet 100 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up i want to be able to set up 3 vlans and connect 3 pc’s and one UAP-AC-PRO-US fore wifi The three Vlans will be one for pc’s and trusted tablets and phones The secend one is for guest wifi and the last is for my IoT devices

Since you already have a Unifi AP…why not get a Unifi switch and Unifi gateway? That way you can manage all devices in the same controller/portal…and will happily line up the VLANs with your Unifi AP.

As to which specific switch model…how many ports do you need? 8, 16, 24, 48?

2 Likes

I do not have any items yet just figureing out a good simple setup

1 Like

Untangle - VLANS + a PoE switch of your liking

1 Like

Are you saying don’t do the vlans @BlackBoxSystems

@smoke – No I am saying you can easily do the vlans and your config with untangle + your guest wifi network

what is untangle i have not heard of it. Here is what iam thanking of using a ER10X and one UAP-AC-PRO-US and doing the config with edge os @BlackBoxSystems

https://www.untangle.com/

I looked at it and i am not trying to make this more complicated then i should be

Here is how the VLans lay out
Vlan 2 is trusted devices wired or on wifi
Vlan 3 is guest wifi
Vlan 4 is Iot devices
Vlan 4 only has access to internet
Vlan 3 only has access to internet
Vlan 2 only has access to internet
Someone please tell me if this is at all possible with just the er10x

1 Like

Unifi gateway and Unifi switch combined with Unifi AP…you control it all with the same Unifi controller, it “touches” all devices properly when you make changes to the network.

1 Like

I don’t know what i am going to do just yet just doing research before i plunk down the money

I may go with one of the ER’S or go full unifi if i go with one of the ER’s i am going to fallow that book I was just trying to come up with a setup that had few pices of equipment faster more reliable and that i can sepreate thangs for better security and to get longer life out of things for the money

Here is how the VLans lay out

Vlan 2 is trusted devices wired or on wifi

Vlan 3 is guest wifi

Vlan 4 is Iot devices

Vlan 5 is Cameras

Vlan 5 only has access to internet

Vlan 4 only has access to internet

Vlan 3 only has access to internet

Vlan 2 only has access to internet

I am shore this setup would be easier to do fallowing that book https://github.com/mjp66/Ubiquiti/raw/master/Ubiquiti%20Home%20Network.pdf