Camera Brand Suggestions for School Project

Our company looks like it may be winning a bid for a camera solution for a school. What brands would you guys consider going with? or at least considering. We’ve been using Lorex until now. The solution has to be HD video(2k or better), IP, Outdoor/In. I should note that I’m outside of the US, so one with good customer support is a need.

Lorex by Flir is a GREAT and solid product. Not to mention, their support is decent.

I am sure there are others, but Lorex is awesome all around.

First, need to found out what there budget that they’re willing to spend. That will point you in what company to spend your money will.

Stay away from the “Surveillance in a box” setups or analog systems. As for make/model, we use Hikvision (Making sure firmware is updated) 4 MP IP based camera’s and NVR for small businesses. Easy enough to run network cabling where needed and ever expandable/interchangeable camera setups.

Be sure to get a NVR twice the capacity needed (They will always want more camera’s, even after seeing how well they work. Also check recording abilities as using a 12 channel NVR does not mean recording 12 camera’s at the highest resolution.) and solid surveillance rated drives. (WD Purple anyone?)