Buying General Liability insurance

Hello LTS,

I’m Thako Davidson of Connect Cloud Solutions. We are an MSP. I was calling around for quotes for general liability insurance. I was wondering how should we classify our business? As an MSP the closest we have seen is “IT consulting” and many other IT-related categories that don’t fit our business. I never see anything like IT services provider. Does anyone have advice on how we should approach this matter?

I would say IT consulting makes the most sense as they are insuring you more based on risk than exact title of what you do.

2 Likes

I’m finally getting ready to start up my sign company side hustle and have been shopping for the general liability insurance. I won’t be doing much in-house in the beginning (just artwork, sales, project management, permit acquisition, and some small amount of vinyl graphics install/fabrication work.) I feel like the quote I got is a bit high given that I’ll be subbing everything out for the first year or two and won’t even have a facility or employees (and expect all of my subs will have full coverage of their own.)

They quoted me about $1260 per year for a general liability policy. It’s really hard to find information online about the cost of insurance for sign companies. How much are other folks paying for their general liability policy?