Best approach to switching from Meraki MX firewall to Unifi UXG-Pro - already have Cloud Key and Switches

I’m trying to determine the best approach to switching from a Meraki MX 68 firewall to a Unifi XG Gateway Pro. We use Unifi switches for all our switching. Currently, all VLANs are defined in Meraki and use that as the gateway. What would be the best way to switch to the Unifi gateway in order to avoid downtime. We do not use the default 192.168.1.1 network for anything. Thanks.

Build out all the matching rules and VLAN’s in the UniFi XG and swap when it’s more convenient.

As Tom says, but also I would just connect a single PC to the Unifi LAN, leaving in place the default 192.168.1.0/24, and using that for setup and testing before you move the main LAN cable over.

if the existing controller for the switches is a blocker, then backup existing config, build a temp new controller on another box (VM), restore the config add the new gateway and set things up - then backup/restore config to live controller as you swap routers…??

Yeah, I was thinking about this. This may be the best.

I thought the only way to configure it was to adopt it first. I wish you could configure prior tp adoption. I find this to be the one flaw in the Unifi network ecosystem. I could do this easily with Sonicwall and Sophos I’ve used in the past.

I don’t see having to adopt it as a flaw, you can adopt things and not put them in production, we do that all the time: Adopt->Configure->Deploy to Client.