Auditing Clients / Updates / etc

How do you audit/manage your Clients?
Like what system do you use to get an overview of all your Client Systems and when to do System Upgrades (Like Windows/Linux Version Upgrades, Software Updates, etc.) ?
Where do you get an overview of what Software is installed on a Client on each Customer Site and where a a PFsense or an Unifi or whatever Router System is installed?

1 Like

We are using the Solarwinds suite of software to keep up with updates and applications for our managed Windows clients. Most all of the Linux system we maintain are set to do automated update.

Yeah but the automated Update (unattended-upgrades?) will not Upgrade the OS (Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 for example) right?
How do you track the OS Versions?
We got the Problem that we got seperate Documents for every Customer and no central List/Service/… and got no overview of when to Upgrade the Customers Servers/Systems.
Any suggestions? OpenSource prefered :slight_smile:

I only have Windows clients, so I’m using NCentral to manage them. I have used ConnectWise Manage (LabTech) and GFI Max when it was hound dog in the past. Choosing an RMM platform involves a lot of things, so if you’re going to ask that question, you should be able to state your needs for the platform so that someone can point you in the right direction.

With that said, NCentral doesn’t manage the Unifi stuff we manage, so we have a UNMS server and a Unifi server that we have to log in to whenever there is an issue or a firmware update comes out.