Option 1: Wanted to know if any of the Gear I got is worth keeping hold of (Listed Below).
Option 2: Build a Second Storage/VM Box Equivalent to my FreeNAS.
Option 3: Save for a Synology box (if so What model as I can fill 12 bays easy) and convert the FreeNas box to XCP-NG.
Option 4: Use my Extra Custom PC for VM’s and Scrap all others due to Power draw and age while using the FreeNas as backend storage.
I felt it would be better to ask for a second opinion on the matter as I been sorting through the spare bones shelf lately; if more info is needed I’ll gladly add it as my goal is to get VM’s up and running.
As a side note: Got some Raspberry Pi’s X2 B3+ models and a single 4GB Pi 4 that are kicking around; the Pi 4 is going to be a Cloud Key2 with Pi-Hole hopefully.
Thanks in advance everyone from both a Big Fan and Technology Enthusiast.
P.S. It was late when I wrote this, so ya; thus all the edits.
- Dell Power Edge T310
- CPU 4 Core Xeon 3430
- RAM U-DIMM-ECC DDR3 Installed (8GB) Max Limit 32GB
- HDD Internal SAS @6GPS Cage is 4 Slot internal (X2 300GB 15K RPM Each)
- SAS Card Non-RAID (PCI-E and could be moved to the FreeNAS Box)
- Plus SATAIII 6 Ports Total Onboard Ports 5 Unused (Raid and Non-RAID)
- PSU X2 @400W? With Redundant Backplane
- Custom PC LIAN-LI Cube (Extra-Possible XCP-NG Box)
*MotherBoard: ASRock H87M Pro4
*CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I74770
- RAM MAXED @32GB (Non-ECC)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 2400 (PC3 19200) Model F3-2400C11Q-32GXM
- SATA III Ports x6 Unused
- X7 3.5 Inch HDD Drive cage
- X2 2.5 Inch SSD/HDD case mounts
- PSU 1000W G3 EVGA Supernova 80 Plus Gold
- Custom PC (FreeNas)
Supermicro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Motherboards X11SAE-F-O
- CPU: Intel Core i3 6100T BX80662I36100T Processor LV
- RAM MAXED @32GB Crucial 16GB Single 2133MT/s DDR4 PC4-17000 Dual Ranked x8 ECC DIMM CT16G4WFD8213 / MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G1A1
32GB U-DIMM ECC DDR4
- HDD Pool 1 @8.5TB RAIDZ1 X5 (3TB WD Reds WD30EFRX 5400RPM)
- HDD Pool 2 @1.83TB RAIDZ1 X5 (1TB WD Reds WD10EFRX 5400RPM)
- PSU 1000W EVGA SuperNova 80 Platunum
- HP ProLiant ML350P Gen8
- CPU: Single 6 core Xeon E5 2620 @2.00GHz (System is Duel Socket)
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/64594/intel-xeon-processor-e5-2620-15m-cache-2-00-ghz-7-20-gt-s-intel-qpi.html 16GB ECC Raid Card HP Smart
- RAID Array P420i with 6 bay SAS Front Cage
- HDD X5 15K RPM Drives with Cages installed (Drive Size 450GB Each)
- 460W single PSU With Redundant Backplane
Thanks for Reading.