Acme/HA Proxy and Cloudflare

Anyone have any luck getting the Acme plugin to work with Cloudflare? A key, token, Account ID, and Zone ID are required. I appear to be missing something.

You don’t need all of the values. Account ID is the username that generated the key or token. Zone is used if you made the key or token to only be valid for one zone. I don’t remember the specifics off the top of my head, if you don’t figure it out from that then I can look at my PFSense again.

Yes I have the acme plugin working with cloudflare and it works well

I understand the confusion with the criteria – in this regards pfsense could definitely be more clear.

I’m using this source as a reference:

You need to use either:

1. Old method: - API key with email
  2. New Method: - API token and accound ID.

You need to enter only two of the values and leave the rest blank. Hopefully that helps.

That worked, I was able to get a certificate issued through the ACME plugin. However, I’m now receiving SSL handshake errors. What are you settings within Cloudflare’s SSL/TLS section? I’d imagine “Full” is the setting I’d want. Is that correct?

If you go to your site directly (the IP that Cloudflare is forwarding traffic to) do you get the correct certificate from LE, with no complaints or errors from your browser?

Via the IP address - 503 Error
Using the hostname with Cloudflare in DNS only mode, I get a 522 connection time out error.

I’m guessing I have something misconfigured on my HA proxy end.

What are you settings within Cloudflare’s SSL/TLS section? I’d imagine “Full” is the setting I’d want. Is that correct?

Which setting are you specifically referring to?