A good VPN Set for A Trucker

I am an OTR Truck driver and I have a mofi 5g Modem in my truck for unlimited internet. On good days I hit about 200mbs on bad days .1mbs. I have a homelab set up at home that I have been currently using zerotier to connect into my VM’s and such.

Zerotier has been ok but I have recently purchased a new home and also bought a new Netgate 4200 for my new home and want to set up a better remote working environment.

I want to be able to access my whole network without having to install zerotier on every device and some devices lack support to do so. I do have another pfsense firewall that I am not currently using and was thinking about putting that into my truck and set up a site to site VPN. I am unsure about how my home lab will be a dynamic IP and my semi changes IP as I change zip codes. Any advice as to a good way to do this would be great also I do have a registered domain name and a DDNS set up.

I wanted to add I do have a cloud server with linode that I can utilize for a control server.

Please help me your my only hope

One option I can think of is you setup an OpenVPN server on your linode and then have you pfsense boxes connect as clients. Then setup your firewall rules so you can reach all devices in your homelab.

All of the mesh VPNs like Tailscale, Netbird, Netmaker have an option to set up one node as a bridge or exit node to a network. Zerotier probably also can do this but I don’t recall off the top of my head.

With this set up, you would only need to install on one node on your LAN and then could route to the remainder. This would have the advantage over setting up a traditional VPN on your router in that you don’t need to open additional ports to the web or increase the attack surface on your edge device.

If you have pfsense at your main location where you are trying to connect - just configue openvpn or wireguard on pfsense