VLOG Thursday 229

I am giving away a Cisco Catalyst 1000-8T-2G-L Network Switch to a random winner who comments here telling us how this will help your tech setup. We are ONLY shipping to inside the USA. A winner will be picked by June 17th 2021 and we will contact the winner via a DM on on this forum to get the shipping address.

Review of the switch

VLOG Thursday Episode

4 Likes

I would love to have a 1000 series switch to put in my home, prob would replace it with the sg300 that i currently run

1 Like

I would use it to level up my skills with Cisco

1 Like

I’ve thought about going for my CCNA this year or next. A real piece of kit like this would definitely help!

1 Like

This switch would replace my unmanaged Dlink Gigabit switch I have currently. I would love to have more control over my home network than what I currently have with the AP controllers and router that I have.

1 Like

I would love to have a Cisco 1000 switch for my home lab.

1 Like

I don’t even have a managed switch at home, only unmanaged one, so it’s kind of a mess to make sure VLAN don’t screw up with the dum switch. A fully managed switch like the cisco 1000 would be amazing for my lab.

1 Like

To put it simple, I am using a 5 port netgear managed switch, which is limiting. I would be nice to get some expansion and more ports I can trunk or put on different vlans.

1 Like

I have a nice Unifi and Mikrotik switches in my rack in the garage. Would love to be able to put the Cisco 1000 in my office so I can expand the vlans up to my desk for testing.

1 Like

I would use it to start my new IT training offering.

1 Like

I can always use a nice switch

1 Like

Got unifi, mikrotik, aruba… I need cisco to play and learn about :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am starting out in networking and would like the chance to further explore Cisco switches.

1 Like

Owning Cisco hardware without giving them any money is a dream of mine.

1 Like

I am 17 years old and learning networking. I will be working to get my CCNA this year and having new Cisco equipment would be great to learn on, but also use in my network at the same time.

1 Like

It would be great to have a Catalyst 1000 series to play with, good luck to the winner!

1 Like

I can’t keep daisy-chaining these little $10 4-port 100 Mbit switches.

1 Like

I would like to see it against my Mikrotik Soho router capabilities

1 Like

This would be great to add to my network since my current Netgear is getting full. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Tom. At the moment, I am studying for CCNA certification now. I know live gear is better to learn on than the simulations.

1 Like