Upgrade or replace my Laptop/Device(s)

I keep going back and forth between having a tablet and a laptop for my mobile computing needs that cannot be done on a phone. Right now I am debating on selling the laptop and the tablet and get a 2 in 1 like an HP Spectre 360 or a Dell XPS. Or upgrading the Laptop by adding more ram (32GB) and adding an M.2 SSD for boot and a larger SSD (1TB) for storage and setting it up with Windows 10 Pro and running POP OS as a VM. I have done POP OS as the installed OS but can never get the fingerprint scanner to work and It is a great feature for use with my KeePassXC password manager. I could then work with either the tablet or laptop depending on the task at hand.

I currently have the following:

• HP Probook 450 G5 with the following Specs: Intel i5-8250U (1.60GHz base with a max clock of 3.4GHz with 4 cores and 8 threads), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD.

• Samsung TAB A 10.5 (2018)

I mainly use either device for watching media and also web browsing but also want to be able to use them to administer my home lab and also as a work device for my home IT business to be able to do proposals, invoices and the like using invoice ninja and other self-hosted services. I have a portable scanner and will be looking at a portable printer or something to allow clients to sign the produced PDF rather than having to print things out as often.

Me and my techs all use laptops when going on site.