Untangle 16.1 & Hp Dl20-G10

Wish they had a Home Pro + package. I really do like the folks at Untangle but the Home user is not their future obviously - hope I’m wrong.

They have been running home pro for like 3 years now, i renew every year ! worth every cent ! The policy manager is WIN WIN ! use it all the time !

I just looked at my Untangle dashboard and WireGuard is there, and i have the Home Pro. Weird.

But it could just be a two week trial, when did you upgrade to version 16?

like 3 weeks ago ? And no issues yet…

So they launched a Home Pro + like I was looking for. I paid the extra $100 and now trying to get it set up. Using the QR code for IPhone setup but can’t complete the ‘handshake’ after following the Untangle Guide however I don’t understand step 4 under the ‘Setting up the WireGuard App on a device’ as I did the QR route. Anyone else get this to work on an IOS device?

https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053869734-Setting-up-WireGuard-VPN-on-mobile-devices-and-desktops

Note that other guides out there need a port forward rule but that was not mentioned in this Untangle guide.

I was thinking about upgrading.

Just an FYI that I got Wireguard working - sort of. It passes traffic on cellular but not local WIFI. I’ll figure it out eventually I suppose. Also, upgrading to Home Pro + and turning on Threat Prevention broke all my Browsers (Frirefox) as i have them bootstrapped to to Cloudflare (DNS over HTTPS) which was on BrightCloud’s restricted list. Added CF servers to pass list and now back alive. I swear, i’m going to give all this up and open a Facebook account! :slight_smile:

Vpn through your local network, yeah that normally doesn’t work !