UniFi Warranty Warning

In many places there are Statutory warranties that provide for a minimal level of quality and service from a product. Check for your local area.

Hi There
In Denmark I have been using Ubiquity products and have never had anty issues with their warranty setup - I Have been in contact with them 11times - and just got a new product resend each time - after they have recieved and testet the product - verify the error - and then they shipped a new product. This have been both Switches and accesspoints

I think things may be different for people in countries with stronger consumer protection laws (Eurozone and Australia come to mind). But the issue isnā€™t really them not replacing things when they approve an RMA, it is them not approving RMAs in the first place.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping I never have to have discussions about warranty support with this company. So far (crossing fingers) after a year of running a handful of APā€™s in my house Iā€™ve not had anything serious enough I needed to contact them for warranty purposes.
There really arenā€™t that many distributed (mesh-able) WIFI systems that are comparable for the money IMO, that is a shame but also why they get away with any potentially sketchy or unethical business decisionsā€¦ Customers donā€™t have many options.

Iā€™m planning on moving to Aruba Instant On when there is stock back in the UK (17 weeks eta).

Iā€™ve got a rev of a US-150 that has a known issue, Unifi not interested.

Aruba is ok but their system is closed and the mesh aspect as far as I was able to determine was a proprietary pay for play third party system. Their instant on switches are decent but again they do have paywall functions.