Unifi TX Retries

What firmware version are you running on the access point? Also, make sure you have DYIM set to 3 for 5ghz and 1 for 2.4. Wpa2 only, no band steering. Keep Wi-Fi settings real basic

Where do I find firmware version? I see 6.0.21 as the device version.

I believe my settings are set as recommended:

Any thoughts @jeff3820 or anyone else?

Review the symptoms again…you initially complained of high retry rate. How’s the throughput? Do you have frequent disconnections? I have 2 U6-LRs and one has a 5GHz retry rate of 15% and the other has a 19% retry rate. Throughput and connectivity is great here so no issues.

These are not unusual statistics for WiFi.

I did notice high retry rate in the UI, but what caused me “to go looking for configuration issues” was my iPhone dropping Wifi seemingly randomly. It drops from Wifi, and the SSID I use vanishes from my phones Wifi options to select from. The other SSID’s from the same AP remain though.

So for some reason it’s still not happy, and I am not sure why. The retry rate in the original post may have nothing to do with the symptoms I am experiencing, it was just something I saw in the UI and wondered if it was related.

We have one, used to have 2, OLD 9.7" iPad Pro (2016) where this would occasionally happen. It would lose 5GHz connectivity. Happened to both units. I switched the remaining one to a SSID that is 2.4GHz only and it is fine. All of the other Apple devices are newer and have no issues at all. I think those old 9.7" iPad Pros have WiFi driver issues and Apple will never address it…too old.

Is it just your phone with issues? Which iPhone??

It was just my iPhone XS, which was a 2018 device. I just got a new iPhone, so I suppose I’ll give it a week and see if things improve. This iPhone 14 also supports Wifi 6 as does my AP, so maybe that will help the situation.

As far as I can tell, it did only affect the iPhone, but I only had it, my Intel MacBook, and an iPad (which I never use, it’s just there as a home hub for HomeKit so I would never even realize if it had intermittent issues).