Unifi Switches re-'connecting' frequently

Good afternoon!

I have recently installed a couple Unifi 8 Port (60W) switches and find they keep ‘connecting’ to the controller every hour or so, it is very sparratic in the time in between re-connection sometimes 15 min other times 4 or so hours. The alerts will show 20-60 per day depending on the switch.

setup info: Unifi Controller build atag_5.12.35_12979
Hosted on Digital Ocean; 50GB SSD, 1vCPU, 2GB Ram

site info:
Site 1) USG-3P, have stun ports opened and have also deliberately opened all access to site both in and out from the IP of the controller.

Site 2) USG-Pro, have stun ports opened and have also deliberately opened all access to site both in and out from the IP of the controller.

I have tried opening ports, restarting the controller, editing controller firewall open specifically to the public IP’s of both sites and am still getting problems.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: these switches were adopted to the controller by plugging them into an existing site, normally i manually set inform to point to the IP of my controller not the FQDN. i SSH’d into the switches and manual re-set the inform to point to said IP and it appears to have fixed the issue.
It is odd to me that only these two switches have the problem when i have done the same adoption process for MANY other devices, but so it goes.
I will keep an eye on these to make sure that this is a permanent fix and update here if things change.
Happy Networking!