UDM and controller updates

Hello :wave:
Noob question again, as I’m new to IT.

I have UDM router and for some reason I keeps saying I on the latest software and controller versions.

My UDM version: 1.5.6
My controller version: 5.12.60

Can anyone give me a detailed explanation on how to manually update or what the problem can be?

I am pressing the check updates and it says I am up to date :man_shrugging:

Thank you :pray:

Help, anyone? I know it sounds silly, but I can’t find a good guide on how to update.

Check in the devices section if any of them need an upgrade.

It says I am up to date. I know there’ is an update - but I can’t make it do it.
I really don’t know how to force it update.

Although you can run the latest 1.8.5 on the UDM, Ubiquiti is only offering this update for the UDM Pro. As you pointed out, the UDM says 1.5.6 is the latest version. I have stuck with 1.5.6 for my customers with UDMs. My thoughts are wait till Ubiquiti makes this an offered upgrade for the UDM.

Hi, thanks :pray:

So from what I understand, if the UDM says the version I’m on is the latest - it is not a bug. Ubiquiti didn’t push it to my device.

I guess the controller is the same?

Thank you again and happy new year :confetti_ball:

Yes. For the time being, Ubiquiti is not offering the new 1.8.5 for the UDM. That newer version of the firmware is packaged with the 6.x version of the SDN Controller. We still get periodic updates for any attached switches or access points. I can only presume that Ubiquiti wants further testing.

Happy New Year to you as well.

2 Likes