TrueNAS Core 12 User and Group ACL Permissions and SMB Sharing

1 Like

Is it really normal to still see my delete datasets? I canā€™t see my newly created datasets.
Iā€™ve restarted the SMB and even the server but nothing happensā€¦

Do you mean the shares and are you in Windows? Someimtes Windows needs a reboot as it will cache shares that it have been accessed before.

Thanks for this, I need to sit down and watch this video when I can concentrateā€¦ It is the end of the semester for in person classes, and projects are due by Tuesday. Everyone that put things off is now rushing to get the work done. But this is something that Iā€™ve still had trouble getting to work on 11.3-u? at home where I donā€™t have an AD to authenticate user permissions. I mention this because it may be part of my problem. At work I can use AD to set the groups that are allowed to do things and it almost seems like the AD part is required. Anyway, Iā€™ll hopefully have time to work on this after the not-holiday (not supposed to travel or gather).

Yes, After creating new groups and users I still saw deleted datasetsā€¦

Hey Tom I upgraded from freenas to truenas 12.0-Release. I have created 4 different users with corresponding groups . I want to delete the users and start over but fear I will lose data. Currently I can only login as root and think its best to start over again, unless you have have other ideas. Thank you

You set user permissions on the data and deleting the users should not delete the data.

@LTS_Tom How do I enable the Export Recycle Bin?

Have you tried checking the box that says Export Recycle Bin ?

lol, yes but it is greyed out. I cannot checked the box. The only way if got that to change is byt changing the ā€˜Default share parametersā€™ but I am not sure what option to set. I tried ā€˜Private SMB Datasets and Sharesā€™ and I then can enable it.

Could you please advise if I selected the correct option for a samba share?

There are no ā€œCorrect Optionsā€ the pull down sets up scenarios or you can set them to the things you want manually via the check boxes.

Hi There,

I noticed in the tutorial that at a certain moment you created a group LTS with two members Tom and Marcus.
Iā€™m not sure what the purpose of this group is in this example.

I would like to create a group where every member can have acces to a SMB share where some can write others can only read .

So the group Family consist of parent1, parent2, child1 and child2
On every pc of each family member one can acces the SMB share.
And I think you can guess who can only read the SMB share :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading