Slightly OT for here but replacing my gaming PC mobo, processor and ram

Hey guys,

My gaming PC at home has had the occasional crash since I built it but it’s infrequent enough that I just put up with it. Recently it’s getting to happen more often and I’ve done the normal checks (memtest, prime 95, run benchmarks back to back). Anyway, the long and short of it is that I’ve decided it’s time for a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. I don’t really have a budget but I guess I want to keep it under £500 and priority is most significant improvement on existing.

The existing setup is an FX-8370 with 16gb on a named brand mobo (I forget what right now).

I’m looking at getting an MSI X470 board at around £80 and a Ryzen 5 3600 at £180 then probably 32gb of RAM (2x16). It seems to me that the MSI has everything I need and when looking at processor there is a massive price jump from the 3600 to the 7 3700x at £290 for a moderate CPUBench improvement (18k vs 23k)

So I guess the reason I’m posting this is to check if anyone here is looking at that idea and screaming “WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT YOU SHOULD GET xx, yy, zz”.

Thoughts (if any) are (as always) appreciated.