Self Hosted MediaWiki

@LTS_Tom could you share the original VM that you had available when you created the youtube video?
I know its out of date etc but i’ll like to look at the config to see how you managed to lock it down to be private. I am looking to use it as our documentation platform.

They have a guide on their site for configuring the system
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access

Thank you for the quick reply. Are you still using MediaWiki for your documentation? Or have you found an alternative way?

For now we are using MediaWiki until we find a better solution.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this detailed write-up of the upgrade. I used it and was able to upgrade mine with only minor adjustments to the syntax - specifically the items below:

1. Just to avoid error warnings about a package that can be upgraded but never does (even though we don’t need it anymore), I had to unhold the parsoid package from being upgraded (apt-mark unhold parsoid) and removing the parsoid entry under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

2. When adding the new extensions to the LocalSettings.php file, I had to re-type all of the single quote marks when copying/pasting from the forum post because it was somehow entering the wrong type of quote character, which I assume is some sort of font translation issue - nothing major.

Other than that it was a breeze and exactly as described here. My searches are more consistent now and everything is running smooth. I still have a weird issue with some of my tags disappearing after the first time I edit a new page, but that’s been something I’ve been dealing with since inception and it’s not much to re-add them since it’s always the same ones that disappear.

Thanks, again!

No problem at all, glad your found it useful.

I wish I had access to edit my previous post detailing the upgrade process but it is locked. I could reformat it for readability and correct a few issues with it.

Maybe if I ask @LTS_Tom he can throw a switch on his side and I could make the adjustments.

Ummm, really not sure how to unlock it, but I can look into it.