No internet access with self hosted VPN

I setup a Wireguard VPN server on a Google Cloud VM but when connecting to it with the iOS client (running latest OS and app) nothing loads via the internet when the VPN is on (no browsing, emails, social media, etc), as if I don’t have an internet connection. What could be causing this, or how can I troubleshoot? Note: I am a beginner, and apologize if I am using incorrect terminology, feel free to correct me.

Here is the configuration file contents (wg0.conf):

[Interface]
Address = 10.0.0.1/24
SaveConfig = true
PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ens4 -j MASQUERADE
PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o ens4 -j MASQUERADE
ListenPort = 51820
PrivateKey = REMOVED FOR POST

Here is a screenshot of the client app info:

did you enable forwarding in the linux kernel? by default it is not allowed.

Run

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

to enable ip forwarding.
to make the change permanent, add it to /etc/sysctl.conf

@RaZer0r That did not fix the issue, and was already set to 1 in the /etc/sysctl.conf file.

verify if the rules are applied when wireguard is connected (iptables -vnL -t nat)

i’ve never used bash code inside the postup and/or postdown config, always a reference to a script…

@RaZer0r This is what I get when running sudo iptables -vnL -t nat:

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 7045 packets, 585K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 4788 packets, 282K bytes)
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 6704 packets, 507K bytes)
Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 2110 packets, 167K bytes)
 4594  340K MASQUERADE  all  --  *      ens4    0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0