Networking Lab Help: S2S VPN Routing

Hello All,

I am learning networking & pfsense and really enjoying it. I am working on a practical assignment but I have hit a minor stumbling block.

The assignment is to setup 3 networks in our lab. We then need to setup a simple IPSec VPN tunnel between site A <-> site B and site B <-> site C. Then the various sites need to communicate with which other.

Site A:

Network: 192.168.20.0/24

WAN: 172.16.30.2/24

Site B:

Network: 10.1.0.0/16

WAN: 172.16.30.3/24

Site C:

Network: 10.0.0.0/16

WAN: 172.16.30.4/24

I have configured the site A <-> site B and site B <-> site C VPN tunnels. The firewalls all allow ICMP traffic to pass through the firewall. However site A is unable to ping site c via site B. I understand this is an issue some sort of routing issue. In this lab example, do I need to add a static route on the WAN interface of site A to gateway at Site B to communicate with site C network 10.0.0.0/16?

Yes, you would need to add the extra routes so the site could reach the other sites. I have not watched it to confirm it’s correct, but this video appears to cover this.

@LTS_Tom,

Thank you ver much for the Youtube link. I had a quick look and this appears to answer my question and show me where I have gone wrong.