Future of MSP's?

A lot of off shore and H1-bs mostly moved on and yes you were right about the scammers, know nothings and tanked economy.

2 Likes

@BlackBoxSystems SCO screwed the pooch bad people to deal with back in the day, but then again SCO was a Microsoft spinoff. Yup when clients figure out they are getting hosed they get an attitude and the rest of us feel the heat. Have been insulted many times over the years and have walked away when a prospect wants low ball rates because of past decisions.

2 Likes

Honestly I liked SCO Unix back then. I remember all those Digiboards, etc for serial communication. Damnā€¦I wish I would have taken notes on things back then. It is all a blur now. I found my old serial cable crimping tool recently and it brought back some memories.

Yesā€¦Some people will get it eventually. I have taken over a few customers from MSPā€™s because the customers could not see the value. Obviously this is subjective.

2 Likes

There was a turn key SCO / hardware supplier that shipped Micron mother boards and Digiboards. When X with Motif or Open Look Digiboard offered an ethernet hub and a serial to ethernet device. Wyse terms and X-terms. Those were the days, the halcyon days of the PC busting the glass house. Now we are back in the glass house where we started. I still have a T-shirt will digit out the company motto was ā€œSolid as A Rock.ā€
SCO had a competitor Kodak, as in mom ma Donā€™t Take My Kodachrome Away, think it was called International Unix.

1 Like