Debian / Parsoid / MediaWiki

Hi

thought id build myself new up to date Mediawiki with VisualEditor.

Im struggling with Parsoid, having followed instructions on mediawikis site, Parsoid runs but I get errors in /var/log/parsoid/parsoid.log and VE refuses to work with an error - also port 8142 is not listening.

The error in parsoid log is as follows:
{“name”:“parsoid”,“hostname”:“wiki”,“pid”:4798,“level”:40,“message”:“first worker died during startup, continue startup”,“worker_pid”:4808,“exit_code”:1,“startup_attempt”:1,“levelPath”:“warn/service-runner/master”,“msg”:“first worker died during startup, continue startup”,“time”:“2019-05-05T12:57:12.736Z”,“v”:0}

Any Ideas?
Thanks

@LTS_Tom

There are some issues with the latest parsoid version, just roll it back one.

Ahhh I used the repo that is in the mediawiki page:

Im not sure where I would find an earlier version?

You can get parsoid_0.8.0all_all.deb from here https://releases.wikimedia.org/parsoid/ and use APT pinning to keep it from autoupdating

OK Ill take a look!

Thanks will go and give this a try!

Ok Now I get a new, different error!

Request. (/usr/lib/parsoid/node_modules/request/request.js:1163:10)\n at emitOne (events.js:77:13)\n at Request.emit (events.js:169:7)\n at IncomingMessage. (/usr/lib/parsoid/node_modules/request/request.js:1085:12)\n at IncomingMessage.g (events.js:260:16)\n at emitNone (events.js:72:20)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:166:7)\n at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:923:12)\n at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:511:9)\n at process._tickCallback (node.js:425:17)",“httpStatus”:401,“levelPath”:“fatal/request”},“msg”:“Your wiki requires a logged-in account to access the API.”,“time”:“2019-05-05T13:58:18.892Z”,“v”:0}

I cannot remember how to fix this, I have had this issue before!

Its working!

I found the problem:

I needed to add this to my LocalSettings.php file -

if ( !isset( $_SERVER[‘REMOTE_ADDR’] ) OR $_SERVER[‘REMOTE_ADDR’] == ‘127.0.0.1’ ) {
$wgGroupPermissions[’’][‘read’] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions[’
’][‘edit’] = true;
}

Thanks @LTS_Tom - I did not know about the newer version of Parsoid.

1 Like